Friday, April 20, 2012

Real Weddings 2011 :: Laura & George 10.8.11















Classic. Elegant. Romantic. These are just a few words I would use to describe Laura & George's wedding day.

Their wedding day started out with hair and makeup for Laura and her bridesmaids at Laura's parent's home just a few short miles away from the church. After a few hours of pampering, the entire bridal party made their way over to East Liberty Presbyterian Church for some bridal party/family portraits, along with Laura & George's "First Look". I'm sure you've heard me say this a hundred times, but I absolutely LOVE the intimacy of a "First Look". This was my first time working at East Liberty Presbyterian, and I have to say that I was rather impressed. The inside of the church is absolutely stunning (just look at the gorgeous ceremony shots taken by the lovely Milla Chappell), and to add to the church's beauty, there is an adorable little courtyard that set the scene for some great portraits of the bridal party. 

Following their vows Laura & George, along with their guests, made their way over to The Pittsburgh Golf Club for cocktails, dinner, and dancing. The Pittsburgh Golf Club also happens to be one of my favorite venues...I like to call it the "hidden gem" of Pittsburgh, as not many people seem to know about it. The space is incredibly elegant and charming, and the staff is top notch...definitely an A+ in my book!

The light on October 8th was positively stunning, and Milla was able to capture some amazingly gorgeous portraits of Laura & George before they headed inside to greet their guests.

The evening ended with a grand sparkler exit as these two love birds were sent away in a classic Rolls Royce. It was truly the perfect ending to a perfect day.